Monday, June 23, 2008

this is...


this is... my most favourite outfit that expresses my individual style. (Worn by a lovely model and not me, I can be a little camera shy). This cute little ensemble is from the Genki label. I'm a big fan of the Genki label as we share the same love of the yoke, peter pan collars and A-Line skirts. And I do believe their collection is not at all ageist.



I love buying and supporting local Australian and NZ designers when money permits. I once undertook a pattern making course with the intention of being able to whip up my own such cute designs to only leave being frustrated and better educated as to why one pays the money one does on such a sweet luxury.

Other local labels I admire are Lover, Gorman, Lush and Debra Sweeny.



P.S. (I do think the above white dress would be a cute summer garden wedding dress)!

P.P.S (Don't worry Miss Kitty Kaboodle, I know the feeling of having a hundred and one things to do at once, you are right tackle one thing at a time and you will get through it. Thank you for our theme this week)!

18 comments:

Jenny said...

So very lovely and super stylish.

Sherrin said...

I love that denim skirt!

Betty Jo said...

I love Genki too,and I love my
"I love vodka/kissing/nature Genki tops.The blue jumper is very yummy!

boobook said...

I want you to wear that dress to your wedding!!
I love your style too!!
Gotta love a good yoke and peter pan collar!!
xoxx

Pang said...

that white dress is adorable! good pick, i love it!

Kitty said...

too cute, I love that skirt, I think I have to train myself to wear skirts, there's just too many super ones out there.
thankyou for letting me choose the theme

Hila said...

I love these clothes! The model did a good job as your stand-in :)

Maureen Reynolds said...

I can see the appeal of the sweater. But the white dress is quite sweet. Interesting that you said summer wedding because round here, most guests wear black dresses to weddings. I don't know when that vougue started but it was certainly true at the last couple I attended.

MissK said...

Cute skirt,i'm finally embracing them this winter.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the links, they're fab garments - I'm going to check out those sites now!

Stacey said...

I do love that white dress, although couldn't in a million years wear it myself.
My knees are not fit to be seen and I'm way too much of a grub to wear white. It would have food dribbled down the front in five minutes flat.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

That white dress is way too cute. I agree, great summer wedding frock!

teenvoguette said...

this is a really cute post! i love the ensembals. my favorite is that white dress...its so chic.

Lisa [strickerin] said...

I can never go past an A line skirt and that white dress is just gorgeous.

Moiface said...

Can I play "this is"? Too late?

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Very cute! I especially love the skirt. I know what you mean about paying money to hae someone else make the clothes, I can sew, but boy, making clothes can be frustrating some days.

.girl ferment. said...

Love that white dress and blue top at the start. Hmmm where can one get white tights?
xx

Jennifer said...

oh I agree: after taking a pattern making class you have a new appreciation for clothing.

When I was a fashion design major I really struggled with pattern drafting. Who knew so much math was was involved...